quinta-feira, agosto 16

Música para um dia de verão

The little maiden of the sea
was not at all like you and me:
where we have legs, she was a fish,
and she could only say, "I wish... I wish
I were not incomplete.
I wish I had some dainty feet."
You see, one day she'd met a prince,
and she'd been pining ever since
(the little maiden of the sea).
She'd gain her own immortal soul
if she became the prince's wife.
She autovivisected. Whole, she walked!
Each step was like a knife--
a knife into her dainty feet--
and she could neither speak nor sing;
but, surely, now she was complete.
Her prince would think of marrying
the little maiden of the sea.

He married someone else, of course;
and, saying nothing, she went home.
Then something turned, by mystic force,
the little maiden into foam.


Stephin Merritt, Showtunes, 2006. Música belíssima, rara, surpreendente.

Sem comentários: