De acordo com esta notícia de há 3 dias, Vaclav Klaus pretende ver a inclusão no Tratado de Lisboa de um "roda-pé" relacionado com a Carta Europeia dos Direitos Humanos. Entretanto passa a constar que a exigência do presidente checo tem a ver com uma cláusula de impedimento de reclamações alemãs sobre propriedades confiscadas por Praga em 1945.
O tratado já prevê:
53. Declaration by the Czech Republic on
the Charter of Fundamental Rights of the European Union
1. The Czech Republic recalls that the provisions of the Charter of Fundamental Rights of the European Union are addressed to the institutions and bodies of the European Union with due regard for the principle of subsidiarity and division of competences between the European Union and its Member States, as reaffirmed in Declaration (No 18) in relation to the delimitation of competences.
The Czech Republic stresses that its provisions are addressed to the Member States only when they are implementing Union law, and not when they are adopting and implementing national law independently from Union law.
2. The Czech Republic also emphasises that the Charter does not extend the field of application of Union law and does not establish any new power for the Union. It does not diminish the field of application of national law and does not restrain any current powers of the national authorities in this field.
3. The Czech Republic stresses that, in so far as the Charter recognises fundamental rights and principles as they result from constitutional traditions common to the Member States, those rights and principles are to be interpreted in harmony with those traditions.
4. The Czech Republic further stresses that nothing in the Charter may be interpreted as restricting or adversely affecting human rights and fundamental freedoms as recognised, in their respective field of application, by Union law and by international agreements to which the Union or all the Member States are party, including the European Convention for the Protection of Human Rights and Fundamental Freedoms, and by the Member States' Constitutions.
À primeira vista, as notícias recentes sobre a demora de Klaus em relação a Lisboa parecem ser pretextos ou despistes. Mas vai ser interessante assistir ao duelo político entre o presidente e a Presidência da UE e avaliar o significado do que ele vai conseguir, se o seu plano resultar, em troca da assinatura. Ao menos assim sempre vamos ler alguma coisa do tratado.